LRGreen Project is a community garden program that provides grants to community gardens, school gardens, and other educational programs that support the spirit of community that comes from nurturing a shared plot of land. It has a yearly grant total of $6,000.
- The application period opens January 1, 2018 and closes February 1, 2018, 3:00 PM
- Winners will be selected and notified by February 8, 2018. All applicants will be notified of their status by February 15, 2018.
- Funds will be distributed by February 15, 2018
Who can apply for community garden funds?
- Public Schools
- Private Charter Schools
- Private Schools with 501c3 non-profit status
- Established Community Gardens
- Neighborhood Communities wishing to start a garden
Funds may be used to buy gardening tools, seeds, or other gardening supplies for edible gardens. Financial reporting is not required from participants.
Our online application form is located here. Please do not e-mail your application as we can only accept online submissions through the form.
Please consider the following points when drafting your application.
- Who is the community that has access to your garden? Are their any educational opportunities?
- If applicable, who will design your garden?
- How is the tending of your garden organized?
- How will your funds be used? A simple detailed budget is very helpful.
Still have questions about the application? Contact Us